What type of advertising can be experienced 24 hours a day and seven days a week, is not encompassed by editorial, programming or photographs, and can be focused to reach particular audiences by neighborhood?
On the off chance that you thought it’s outdoor, you’re correct. By definition, “outdoor advertising, also known as ‘out-of-home advertising (OOH)’ or outdoor media, is an advertisement that is meant to attract consumers while they’re outside their homes.”
Outdoor advertising broadly incorporates the following advertisement types:
- Billboards (hoardings) – static & mobile
- POP Displays (point-of-sale) display ads
- Street Ads (Posters, Bus shelters, kiosks, telephone booths etc.)
- Transit Ads & wraps (buses, taxis, subways, trains etc.)
- Ambient media (Guerilla ads)
And we must acknowledge that when we think of innovation and improvisation in outdoor media ads, = the sky is the limit from there. It is evaluated that there are in excess of 40 sorts of outdoor advertising media types, with billboards being the globally perceived media and the most invested OOH media across the world.
Undeniable Advantages of Outdoor Advertising
Outdoor advertising has a major advantage, which is its cost-effectiveness, opening the entryway for all advertisers – small or extensive. As indicated in a survey by Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), outdoor advertising is:
- 80 percent more affordable than television ads
- 60 percent more affordable than newspaper & magazine/tabloid ads (print ads)
- 50 percent more affordable than radio ads
In contrast to other advertising mediums, the audience seeing outdoor advertising is regularly (visually) exposed and their recall is a high while, searching for something to peruse. This is the thing that makes a moving announcement, similar to a bus, so fascinating, compellingly imaginative and vital. Innovation is the key element in outdoor advertising.
Outdoor is viewed as one of the most established advertising mediums, and technology has helped to create inventive, eye-grabbing messages for this medium.
For example, billboards that are highly effective currently incorporate tri-vision signs which permit three advertising messages for each location, 3-D pictures, and even correlative billboards. For instance, an organization in New York City enables drivers to switch messages on their installed billboard by utilizing their own garage remote controls. The message has probably been focused at suburbanites, not New Yorkers.
Another advantage that technology has given is a mind-blowing reduction of time for print ads. The Seattle-based group, as of late introduced AK Media/Mega print. For instance, signs that recently took 40 hours to print would now be able to be imprinted in only two hours by imprinting on nonstop inkjet printers. So innovation is the buzzword for staying ahead and keeping a unique signature, which counts success in outdoor advertising.
Some Effective Case Studies
Case studies that demonstrate the right message in the opportune place at the perfect time, generate higher sales. In the case of advertising new or existing products or personalities, both local and national companies tweak the medium and place their message next to the customers’ purchase decision and billboard works.
On the Move Examples
- McDonald’s utilizes billboards to guide hungry drivers off a motorway to a particular location.
- Radio stations realize the best place to remind the audience to switch stations is when they are in their vehicles.
- Vehicle makers acknowledge there is no better method to achieve their best prospects: drivers of autos and trucks.
- Altoids created “Inquisitively Strong” brand awareness in the wake of executing a campaign utilizing different newspapers and an assortment of outdoor advertising mediums.
Following are the outcomes of their successful outdoor campaign:
- Outdoor advertising achieved solid brand awareness of 76 percent.
- The market share of the overall industry grew by a 5-to-1 edge versus markets without advertising.
- The brand’s business surged by 31 percent to $18.7 million.
Thus, if you can strategize and execute an effective outdoor advertising campaign for marketing your product and services, no one can stop your campaign from generating a successful result.
Thanks for showing interest in our article, we look forward to your view, tell us about what you think and if you know any better, suggest us too. For more effective articles on advertising keep following our blog.
IMS offers end-to-end advertising solutions Pan India. Drop us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and our experts will get in touch with you at the earliest.